Alvin Soon’s article at LifeCoachesBlog on getting your life on track got me thinking again about how easy it is to get off track. While he goes on to promote Steven Covey’s methodologies which I’m sure are great, I started thinking about some simple things that might help me get on track… er… stay on track. After all I’ve got some big goals to achieve.
Here’s my simple monday morning summary of things to do to get or stay on track
- Have a routine – a regular routine helps you make time for the most important things in your life. As long as you’ve got the right routine, you’ll be fine!
- Do the most daunting things first – every day. You have the most motivation early in the day. Use it where it is needed the most!
- Make a real todo list – I mean one that is thought out and really reflects your priorities over your urgencies. (is that a word?)
- Follow said list – the list is useless if you don’t follow it. ‘nuf said
- Evaluate your progress – at least every week. More often if you find you feel you are drifting off track. Here’s some of the benefits of a weekly review.
- Get enough sleep – think it’s unrelated? Try depriving yourself of sleep and you’ll soon see that it makes a difference.
- Eat right – a healthy diet gives you more energy, focus and endurance.
- Exercise regularily – Mitch Harper, who seems to be “on track” includes exercise in his weekly routine and recommends the emotional boost it can give.
What do you think? Is there a hint you can give me to keep me on track? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.